Increasing Validator Count via Governance Action
- Currently 60 to 85 proposed.
- Promotes network security and decentralization.
Adding Registrars to Improve On-Chain ID verification of Important Figures, including Validators and Council
- First Registrar Added March 17
Smart Contract Functionality
- Dependent upon Development of Compilers and the Ink! Smart Contract Language
- Native Ink! Utilizes Smart Contract Substrate Palette
- Palette may also support Solidity Wasm.
Onboard the Ethereum Ecosystem, Dapps and Developers
- Support for Ethereum Dapps and Solidity
- Ethereum <> Edgeware/Polkadot Bridge (depending on Parachain status)
|VM / Platform||Methods|
|Ethereum EVM||Substrate EVM (Solidity/EVM,) Solang (Solidity to Substrate Compiler),|
|Ethereum Bridge||Centrifuge Bridge, ChainX, ChainSafe ChainBridge|
|Ethereum EWasm||Second State Ewasm VM|
Assess Opportunity on Polkadot
- Polkadot expected to launch in 2020.
- Will require that the community approve and plan to acquire DOTs for parachain slot auction.